Monday, September 27, 2004

Ramblings and scarves

Well, I'm back again, and it's not even been a week! It's been a busy week, though. We are one person short at work, and in a small team, you really miss that person! It's also school holidays now and that always ups the tempo for us. To add to that, my DD left at 4.15 A.M. yeaterday to go to a Sci Fi/Anime convention. Arrrrrgh, I'm exhausted!!

Good things for the week include the acquistion of two wonderful books: The Encyclopedia of Knitting by Lesley Stanfield and Melody Griffiths, and The Knitting Stitch Bible by Maria Parry Jones. They are both excellent books, but I think I'm in love with the Knitting Encyclopedia. There are many stitches in it that I will use, and at last I have a resource that explains such arcane practices as the Channel Island Cast On.

I must aplogise for the absence of pictures here: my scanner isn't working at present, but we are trying to get it back in action :-(
On the actual knitting front, I have made a hat and frogged a scarf. I started a Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf in some random dyed yarn, thinking it would be very interesting to look at, but the pattern broke the colours up so much it just looked wishy washy. I had started a hat to go with it which has come out far better, so I may just have to make more hats out of this yarn and forget the scarf idea.

I am also working on a scarf for my sister's Christmas parcel. She wants a very chic one (she's a chic girl) so I am looking at two from the free patterns on ChicKnits She wants a black one, so it's just as well summer is coming with lots of wonderful natural light. I think I'll go play with some yarn, needles and my new books: lots of ideas are running round my head!

No comments:

Networked blogs